Writing Own Indicators

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Writing Own Indicators

Post by Trader Question »

i completed the study of lesson 1 to 30 and found it very helpful. Also your indicators are written very professional. Both inspired me to write own
indicators.

To enable multi-time-period analysis for my indicators i create multi-data tradestation charts. This works, but once i turn off the programm and restart
it, the 60 minute line is not correctly displayed every 15 minute bar in a 15 minute bar chart.

Your indicators does not show this problem, i guess because they are written with subbars and so they do not need a multi-data chart and do work also with an one-data chart for multi-time-period analysis.

I have searched the "Getting Started with Tradestation Easy Language" book, but couldn't find the function to solve this issue.

So i would like to ask you how to write an easy language indicator with subbars or which function i need to do this.

B.K.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Writing Own Indicators

Post by pldot »

Our programmer offers this advice to you in constructing multiple time periods on a single chart with a single data stream:

He says the secret key that we use for HTP bars on a chart is that you have to count the bars (i.e. the subars) to figure out what the Highs and Lows on the HTP bars are for the . For Daily on Intraday charts you will have to keep track of Days by looking at the end of the day.
nawaz
Anti-Spam: Obama

Re: Writing Own Indicators

Post by nawaz »

I am doing walk forward exercise using 3 time frames, daily, weekly and monthly. It's great exercise but noticed some problems:
1. In some bars, close prices do not correspond, and they are different, not all bars but enough to be noticeable.
2. Nearby placements on daily are sometime grossely wrong, e.g., on many occasions, close is clearly under daily-ET, so nearby-R should be at ET, instead it's at pldot to EB and FO-R is at ET. Software is putting FO-R at ET instead of nearby-R.
3. I ran out of bar spaces to the right, so scrolled it to make space, and daily bars stopped updating, and I had to start all over again.
Any solutions, suggestions?Thanks
Nawaz