Performance and Boredom

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Re: Performance and Boredom

Post by Trader Question »

Thanks for your candor. B.B. also said, in addition to the time spent going through the books, etc..., it took him over 1.5 years to get the ball rolling. What were the steps you took to overcome the "wooden-headness" and turn things around?

C.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===got sick of hitting my head against the wall, and started trying different things. Lengthening timeframes helped. Identifying the difference between dot push and dot refresh helped.
Trader Question

What worked for you, besides getting of losing $? Would you say you are now able to trade DG in a relaxed manner?

As you say "....instead of "listening" to what the market was saying..." is an important key isn't it? That "listening" is translated into a visual ability fine tuned through our indicators I think. We must be able to "see" what the market is "showing" us AND recognize it for what it is, period. My weakness at this point is in that area of recognition! What I notice here within myself is that it seems that NBre can hold indefinitely against a trend run up and I am not handling this well and am not sure HOW to handle it. I would say Ted that in the back of my mind is a fear, however slight, that says watch out, the market can do anything so be on guard, you see those DNBres holding in Wnbre???,,,well they can hold all the way through Wnbre and on up into Wfore!!! Suggestions?

C.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

note the dots getting together on several time periods to push... this indicates a pretty strong push and can keep the move going for a while, longer than we might otherwise thing in a normal run which would end sooner. Dots grouping like that = strong move ahead, usually. Similarly with dots picking up stream for a TR at HTP env top, etc.
Trader Question

We all have our own "winter coats" as CD says but I believe it is more along the lines of the Biblical explanation of "throwing off the outer (old) man", the magnet-like shell that collects all the garbage people have thrown at us and what we have picked up and accepted and believed ourselves. (not a very scholarly definition I'm afraid)

C.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===like the analogy to people throwing garbage and having to scrape it off to see clearly...
Trader Question

Given the information I've sent you about these issues Ted, which lessons (if any) would you say would be worth reviewing? Need to get some consistent proper application of DG rolling here but perhaps more live screen time is not the answer at this point???

C.G.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Identify and write down the three major things you are having difficulty with... and then you can ID the sections of the Lessons you should check out. Say, for example, "I can't tell when the resistance will hold and when it will give way because I don't know how to tell the strength of a dot push." And then look for that answer. Problem known makes it much easier to noodle out the solution....