Flow

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Flow

Post by Trader Question »

This 60 min "Flow" is great and I'm sure tradestation will make it more evident but its 1:30 PM East Coast and I'm "monitoring" Flow (the right way I think) at 12:30 the resistance was at the 904-905 level - PLDot 898 at 1:30 the resistance "moved down" to 902-903 level - Pldot 901 and appears to be holding the mkt down

As mentioned I went short into the Exhaust at the Weekly ET 904 looking to see if it would refresh to the 60 min PLDot 898 - it didn't got out at 902 because it was accumulating alot and found support at 902. - then the mkt tryed to rally back up to 904 but failed so I shorted 903 and we pulled back to 900.25 I was looking for it to again refresh to at least the 60 min PLDot at 898 - it didn't so I got out at 901. Having not reached its down target of 898 it now is rallying back up again to the Weekly ET 904, where it failed again at 903.75 - I went short at 903 looking for a refresh' back to the 60 min PLDot 900 - 901, which it is in the process of doing as I write this

Two questions

First Question - am I reading the "flow" correctly as I've given it in the above commentary - I feel I'm more in synch with the mkt and am waiting
for the LTP & HTP's to come together

Today was interesting from an analysis standpoint in that the HTP (Monthly) was in Trend Run Up (barely)and I could see the LTP turning up therefore expecting a move up today.

Second Question - when the PLDot moves up as it did in the last hour from 898 to 901 - but the Nearby resistance moved down from 904-905 to 902-903 - which has more influence the PLDot or the resistance. Or is the answer to that - it depends on where the HTP P&L tools are in relation to either the PLDot or resistance Or it depends on the strength or weakness when the mkt goes down and does it attain the down target - like the 60 min EB of 898 and if not the PLDot Push will be stronger and we should go back up to see if it can get past the Weekly ET at 904 again

I may get my answer shortly in the next hour - but theoretically I'd like to ask the question in terms of P&L

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Flow

Post by pldot »

You're trading effectively and so the flow you are seeing, however determined, is OK. What you are monitoring seems not to be the 60 minute bar but lower time period bars, and taking action looking to harvest as much as you can out of the 60 minute bars. This is OK, for what it is.

The flow on the 60 minute bar was consistently good to great and as you get more confidence and a longer timeframe this can help you stay in the trade longer. A very strong day! Ws surprised myself to see it achieve the daily 6-1 down. Of course hindsight is clearer but you might look over your shoulder at the 60 minute bars and see if you can see the strong up flow continuing during the day.... Re your second question am but sure exactly which bars you are referring to and so will let that one go; will possibly be easier to track using then TradeStation graphics, and so, a future topic.