Trigger for SU/R

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Trigger for SU/R

Post by Trader Question »

Hoover!! Hoover!! I've found it!! ( or maybe that's Eureka!! Eureka!! - I don't know.... its somebody's vacuum company)

anyway - I believe the answer to my question about - where is the "trigger" or point to watch for support changing to resistance is simple - I just haven't been focussing on it. I've been looking at the P&L lines - but not where support begins - that's in the beginning of the
Nearbys as in Yesterdays CLOSE - or the prior bars CLOSE (depending on the time frame)

so what I should be monitoring each day is how the mkt opens in relation to the PRIOR DAYS CLOSE - if above - then we are in support - if below then we are in resistance

And likewise as each intraday bar unfolds - I should be observing where it is in relation to the prior bars close - to see if we are continuing the same trend - either support or resistance or changing to the opposite.

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Trigger for SU/R

Post by pldot »

Resistance is a place - above price - where selling will come in, and when you are there, you see the selling happen. Simple as that. If the projected resistance is not there in reality, the selling will not occur, and thus you will not see it. Simple.
Trader Question

above WHAT price" and that is the Nearbys and the Nearby support "starts" with the prior bar's CLOSE I believe this gives me a "point" of demarkation to "start" my monitoring then as the bar progresses then look to see if a P&L tool is going to get in the way of a move up or down and stop the price movement in that direction. Obviously this is all done in relation to HTP.

D.M.
Trader Question

First - See what the HTP is telling me about direction ("Flow") for instance the Weekly is in Trend Run down and the Daily is in Congestion Action Down
so intraday I should be looking for "Down" or shorting targets because obviously the HTP's are pointed in that direction

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====yes, assuming that we are in resistance and not in support..., then down
Trader Question

Again - my question was - how do I know - and again I look to the Nearbys to give me the answer - 1st where is the price in relation to the prior bars close - 2nd where is it now and is it making progress towards its target
Third - Take a position - for example a short at the Daily EB 887 looking for it to continue the "Push" down

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===you should " be able to get aboard sooner" , based on flow, or on price moving h, etc.
- "below yesterday's close", - or other matter. You see things moving down and assume daily, weekly dot push
Trader Question

I think this was the TRIGGER in my mind your comment about - I should be able to get aboard sooner made me look around on how or why I could get on board sooner - BELOW yesterday's CLOSE
the Answer - The Nearby's "top" is the Prior Bars Close - therefore I should begin to look here for support/resistance when monitoring where a price is

D.M.
Last edited by Trader Question on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===yes. monitor the flow, with particular reference to - how flow is acting at the "key points" on the daily nearby. Today, the flow in 4K tk and 1Ktk was unambiguously DOWN in the areas of the daily nearby support, thus, hold short...the 1st key point is the CLOSE of the prior bar

... you should be monitoring the flow at the place of the daily nearbys and other significant points...Place of the Daily nearbys - again begin at the CLOSE of Prior bar
Trader Question

So I think I have the pieces together on what to monitor - based on my prior eMail and now the CLOSE -

Don't know why - but I was looking to far "forward" but I have to remember where it all starts from the CLOSE.

This has given me a frame of reference for the Daily as well as the Weekly, Monthly, etc. - now I know if I'm in support or resistance on each time frame

D.M.