Flow

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Flow

Post by Trader Question »

One thing that is still throwing me although maybe the longer I trade like we spoke about today it will be come more clear

that is the "feel" of the mkt - obviously after we hit the monthly PLDot 872.25 today - you can "feel" that support has taken over from resistance - the price just "seems" to trade up more easily than down

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Flow

Post by pldot »

===and then we shifted again and market closed on its ass... but flow on 4K tk did shift, as you noted...
Trader Question

You take a position and it seems more likely to go up than down - where before if you took a long position it would struggle up - take a short position and it would plummet down easily

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===yes, that is flow. Use the terms "good flow is when the market is making progress towards its goal..." which encompasses a number of elements, including of course targets.... if you are so inclined, you could make a list of those elements of the bar which contribute to flow.. you'll find eight or ten (as I recall when I identified them,,,)
Trader Question

I was busy writing you before with my "new" found methodology and found it hard to find entry positions to go short using this approach

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===well, methods exist for entry on any type of trading, as you know... in strong 4k trend down as you had seen, if you wished to enter partially though the move, as long as you were not in htp support... could have sold any 4k tk dot or live dot or sometimes if you were bold, even the 4k env bot, being in a c-wave down, etc... as laid out in the lesson on trends I suppose... and similar entries can be conceptualized for any type of trading, based on structure, not hard to do....
Trader Question

then the mkt rallyed a bit and I went short at 876.50 twice once for $2.00 and the next for $3.00 and it continued down to the 872.25. So my head got a little better - but I had to walk away and internalize this stuff - it definitely is a different way to trade - I quess what I'm grappling with is being able to "definitively" identify when the "Flow" is or has changed - I'm hoping that by writing this out I can grasp it.

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

====suggest you make a list as suggested above and show it to me., Come up with ten parameters that indicate flow...
Trader Question

I guess what it is as you mentioned in the course is that P&L does not provide - entry & exit points as such - for example using a MACD when the MACD crosses itself go long - P&L doesn't do that so it is important for me to know what "thing" or things tell me - OK BUY NOW or SELL NOW

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===no, not exactly what I meant. There are entries and exits a-plenty, and you can choose the ones that suit you nest. People's style differ and so we don't specify which they should use.... but it is not a matter of the methodology not providing for these, they are manifold.