Intraday Monitoring

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Intraday Monitoring

Post by Trader Question »

I once asked you what to watch intraday and you said you monitor the Nearbys

So now that I'm paying more attention to "Flow" what I should be monitoring is something like this?

First - See what the HTP is telling me about direction ("Flow") for instance the Weekly is in Trend Run down and the Daily is in Congestion Action Down
so intraday I should be looking for "Down" or shorting targets because obviously the HTP's are pointed in that direction

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Intraday Monitoring

Post by pldot »

==yep...
====yes, assuming that we are in resistance and not in support..., then down...
Trader Question

Second -Then I pick a short target - like today the Weekly EB 880 Daily 1-1 Low 883 or Monthly PLDOT 872

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

=== yes.. weekly dot push and so weekly ebot first target, and knowing that dots pushing can break support, then select a lower target as well...
Trader Question

Third - Take a position - for example a short at the Daily EB 887 looking for it to continue the "Push" down

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===you should be able to get aboard sooner, based on flow, or on price moving below yesterday's close, or other matter. You see things moving down and assume daily, weekly dot push, etc.
Trader Question

Fourth- "Now" - monitor the Nearbys - to see if for instance the 30min or 60 min bars - PLDot, EB and ET continue to move down then stay short if they begin to move up start to think about exiting the position bars continue

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===yes. monitor the flow, with particular reference to how flow is acting at the key points on the daily nearby. Today, the flow in 4K tk and 1Ktk was unambiguously DOWN in the areas of the daily nearby support, thus, hold short...
Trader Question

Fifth - Not until the "Flow" of a bar - turns up - higher hi's & higher low's should I start to consider that the trend has turned up

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===you are watching the flow of the 1K tk and 4k tk to change, yes...