Your Course and My System

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Your Course and My System

Post by Trader Question »

I am interested in purchasing your full course. I am an experienced Forex trader with the psychological and money management skills it takes. I have always developed my own mechanical trading methods, but your course has come highly recommended from a couple of sources. I found that the information on your site is a little hard to completely sort out. I understand the course portion, and I understand that there is software invoved and unique indicators that you use. Is there software that interacts with my own streaming data from my broker, or does it connect to another server?

I guess my main concern is once I have completed the course, will I have the tools at my disposal to implement your system in my regular trading? Or do I have to apply the principles to my own charts?

J.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Your Course and My System

Post by pldot »

Thanks for your interest. We'd be happy to have you with us.

The situation with software is this: all of our software has been designed on TradeStation, and is configured as an add-on to that platform. So a prerequisite to using our software is access to TradeStation, Many of our customers use TradeStation as a charting and development platform only, and handle their brokerage elsewhere, and others use TradeStation as a broker as well. I do my Forex and futures brokerage with IB but I like the TradeStation software platform for the other benefits that it offers. TradeStation will accept third party data files, and there are third-part vendors (such as www.tssuppport.com) that make an interface that permits TradeStation to accept live data feeds from virtually any other supplier. So you can be assured that software is available to you.

But that said, I should also say that it is not a requirement that you use our software, Some customers have programmed their own Drummond indicators in another platform for their own us, and others use Drummond concepts via hand charting. Practically speaking, however, the great majority of our customers prefer to use our software, as it is cost-effective compared to the time involved in self-programming, and in some cases it offers unique market displays and decision-support tools that would be very difficult to replicate elsewhere.

The course is self-contained and does not require external software. Many/most of those who take the course find that they want to test these ideas and start trading Drummond Geometry as they learn, and so order software with their initial order or shortly thereafter.
Trader Question

So the software is not included in the full course?

I am not familar with Tradestation, my broker provides an excellent chart platform. Do they have a "charting only" subscription?

J.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

The full course includes a very modest, limited feature software named (for obvious reasons) "Lite,"
which is intended only to give the subscriber to th efirst three lessons a glimpse of DG lines...
There are a variety of other packages available and traders vary as to their preferance.

Yes, TradeStation does let people subscribe to the platform only. The don't advetise this heavily as they
are seeking brokerage customers, but in fact they have a large base of customers who use the software only.
Trader Question

OK I found their link for the charting only subscription. I have been with my broker for 4 years and I am very happy with them.

So the full course + the DG2 software is basically the whole enchilada?

J.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Yes, that would do it.

A couple of details: As part of the course you get access to Charlie Drummond's nightly broadcasts for 18 months, and thereafter if you wished to continue it would be $350 a year. It is purely optional. Also there are some supplemental books that can be purchased for about $600 if desired, ... but they are by no means required and are not in any way necessary, and are attractive mostly to those who like the methodology a lot and want to delve into the early historical development documents.
Trader Question

Does the software come on a disc in case of a computer crash/new computer etc?

J.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Yes, that would do it.

A couple of details: As part of the course you get access to Charlie Drummond's nightly broadcasts for 18 months, and thereafter if you wished to continue it would be $350 a year. It is purely optional. Also there are some supplemental books that can be purchased for about $600 if desired, ... but they are by no means required and are not in any way necessary, and are attractive mostly to those who like the methodology a lot and want to delve into the early historical development documents.
Trader Question

Is the software useful without the course?

Reason I ask is that as I said before, I have about 3 years experience trading the Forex Market. Is the course necessary to understand the software/trade methods, or are there separate instructions on how to use the software?

I do want to take the full course because I don't want to short myself, but I am trying to make my transition with a minimum of $$ output, short-term anyway. I am basically taking a $100,000+ pay cut by giving up my job. The company appears to be going down the tubes anyway, so I am feeling squeezed time-wise.

How long would you say the course will take for an experienced trader, not including demo-trading time?

J.S.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

We believe that the methods are best understood first, and that the course be done first or at the same time that the software is put to use, and so we set prerequisites for software sales.

As to the timing, or how long it takes, etc, the answer for the average trader with a bit of experience but not too much, is perhaps three months, depending on the person and the time available and the background already in hand. But for an experienced trader there are unique trade-able concepts in each lesson and it is highly likely that such a trader would find very useful elements from the get-go, and continue to get a lot more out of it over time.