Charts of Indicators

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Charts of Indicators

Post by Trader Question »

I would like to see the layout of charts with drummond indicators that you use for trading. Can you send me some screen shots on different time frames.

H.B.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Charts of Indicators

Post by pldot »

I have a bunch of different ones, and constantly change, and am interactive with charts as opposed to being a static watcher, and so, here are a few screen shots. I assume that I can't send workspaces since we have different indicators on tap than you have at the moment...

Presently short bonds from 118-12, sort of hoping for longer term trade... not sure if that will work out or not, day trade would be ok to dly 1-1 lo... currently trading in ER since waiting for wife's kidney stone to pass, and so obsessing on the trade in lieu of thinking about other things... will take 1/3 of position off at 117-18 if offered, let the rest ride.
Trader Question

My purpose was to see what to expect from the indicator softwares that you have. These charts are little confusing to me, I guess I am not used to them yet. I am so used to seeing simple charts in lesson videos. I but would like to start tinkering with Drummond indicators soon. How should I start, which software to start with-there are so many on your website-difficult to decide, any suggestions?

H.B.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

I think the best entry point would be the "professional" package, which would give you the basics and access to the database, and thereafter expand to the "Specialty Suite" and "Alerts" (or "Set-Ups", once we release it), when you are ready and if they interest you.
Trader Question

Is it on a CD or download, is there any user manual-I am computer illiterate.

H.B.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

At the bottom of the page referenced there are links to documentation, etc etc...
http://www.drummondgeometry.com/dg2_plot_software.php

These and our other software packages are delivered electronically by downloading a zip file from the internet... once they are purchased in the on-line store, and the sale is complete, there is a link available in the shopping cart order area for that item, and the file can be downloaded. The trader can of course save a copy to his machine or to a CD, but more conveniently he can always download a fresh copy from the store, and that is also the way that upgrades and corrections are distributed.
Trader Question

I tried to find out what's different in DG2-plot compared to DG2-pro, but I could not understand. can you clarify? Thanks

H.B.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Here is how it stacks up:

To trade DG methods you need a charting program that will handle the special concepts and overlays that are at the core of what we do.

These softwares include Advanced, Professional, and Plot, in order of ascending sophistication, power, and complexity. Professional would be the normal starting place for a trader with some experience who has the full course in hand. Plot would be for a trader who has prior experience with the DG methods and wants more control over the plotting capabilities.

Specialty Suite is a series of special purpose tools that can handle special needs -- very long term charting of quarterly and yearly charts, and some very complex and/or experimental charting arrangements that are difficult to set up with other software, such as the "Refresh Bands" and "Mother Goose" tools.

But once the methodology is in hand, we also have tools that can support the trader in other ways. The "Alerts" tools can set complex DG entry/exit points and monitor the charts for this historically or in real time through Radar Screen. The 'Developer's API" program puts the programming back in the hands of the trader and makes the full range of DG2 concepts and tools available for personal programming. The upcoming "Set-ups" takes semi-automation of DG trade signals to the ultimate level with multiple time periods and multiple entry/exit/monitoring concepts combined in a single tool that can be applied either to historical charts for testing (with statistical reports and graphic signals) or to real-time Radar Screen or TS's new Scanner.

In your case I would think that the entry point should be the DG2 Professional Package, and move on from there as your interests and needs dictate.

+++

Plot is more of a "clean slate" that permits one to construct his own picture, albeit at the cost of a lot of convenience, and requires that one dig into the guts of the database a bit. . Pro is more convenient, and easy to use, but not as flexible.

Hope this helps.
Trader Question

You said:

Plot would be for a trader who has prior experience with the DG methods and wants more control over the plotting capabilities: what do you mean when you say " MORE CONTROL over plotting capabilities.

"Refresh Bands" and "Mother Goose" tools: i never came across these in the couse, what are these.

H.B.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

control = control over "layering" of plots, and more flexibility in number and extent of database draws, and so it is easier to design your own workspace, as opposed to accepting what the software designers pre-program in...
--more of an al la carte approach.

Refresh and Mother goose and others in the specialty suite, and some now in development not yet released...are newer DG indicators and derivations developed in the last year or two, discussed in the MOGS mostly, and which were not part of the original Lessons series. See the website and the mogs for details.