Time Periods and Mechanics

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Re: Time Periods and Mechanics

Post by Trader Question »

By then the flow change should be very apparent. One problem I see there is buying the LTP dot to ET as it enters congestion dealing with FTP.

N.A.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

++++that would be buying resistance, no? Bad, Bad.
Trader Question

I have noticed that bands and 6x lines are far more valuable than nearbys in congestion.

N.A.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

++++yes, could buy 6-1 up, etc...
Trader Question

I intend to concentrate on re-writing my trading plan from scratch. P&L is clearly very powerful but I find bits of it hard to describe some things definitively as an example "enter when flow shifts on LTP"

N.A.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

+++of course, than pre-supposes you understand and can see the flow... If you can't, then that is a place to focus...
Trader Question

In my revised plan I would rather have "enter when two LTP bars hold support and there is a close within the envelope". Not necessarily completely mechanical but some more rules (apart form buying support etc.)

To more succinctly answer your question yes! I have made a lot of notes pulling out bullet points of 'rules' but am still struggling a little.

N.A.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

+++you can test this out through your personal research al la Lesson four and if it holds up,then you are OK with it...

+++it takes time to see the whole picture....
Trader Question

just wanted to follow up and clarify a couple of points (mainly as I didn't make them to well). An aside, Any chance of asking Charlie to do a special study on flow ? I seem to remember a post on the web board by someone else requesting same.

N.A.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

++++++Yes, support zone was large but the 4000tk flow did not shift until the bottom was reached. If you were watching the 4000tk flow, then should have been able to stay with the trade, and not exit early.