Congestion Action

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Congestion Action

Post by Trader Question »

I think I missed this point in the course but my rereading congestion action for the current mkts situation

Its dawning on me that I may have not been fully aware of - How is the strength & weakness of support & resistance measured or determined?

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Congestion Action

Post by pldot »

===yes, a key element you will find it i treated in a number of different places...
Trader Question

From my reading about congestion it talks about the nearby's position relative to the ET &/or EB - Am I right in assuming that the closer support or resistance is to the ET or EB determines how strong the strength is of the support or resistance?

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===yes, in congestion we move back and forth between nearbys...

==well,, not really... I don't see this in quite this way.... though it does sometimes have an influence... more important is the structure of the HTP nearbys and the focus time period type of trading and anticipated action... as to which nearby will "give way" and be weak...
Trader Question

And the farther away the su or re is the less "strength" it gives to the Support of weakness?

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===strength refers trot he fact that it will "hold" and not give way, as opposed to the power or pressure of the push...
Trader Question

And further that strength and weakness is determined by the nearness of the "Nearby's are to the ET or EB? And that I should be monitoring this "movement" of nearby's either - closer to - or further away from the EB or ET

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===yes, this should be monitored as it does tell you things, and a nearby that moves closer to the dot is significant... but that along is not enough to determine strength.

-===this seems to be one-timeframe analysis on your part and forgetting about the htps etc.