Strength and Weakness

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Strength and Weakness

Post by Trader Question »

I keep rereading Lesson 16 screens 22 to 29 And I quess according to that - that strength can be monitored by where the nearby support/Resis is relative to where it was yesterday (assuming a "daily" perspective) i.e. if the "support nearbys" have moved up closer to the PLDot from the prior day - then one would assume that the resistance energy is waning and that the strength of support is increasing and the "downward push" of the PLDot is decreasing and prices should move up And if this is accompanied by that of the HTP's and the type of trading the HTP is in then going long (all things being equal) in the LTP would be the appropriate thing to do (again assuming the LTP was about to enter next the right type of trading to go long) So in a nutshell - I should make comparing the position of nearbys of today from those of yesterday a part of my daily analysis. At all time periods (LTP & HTP)

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Strength and Weakness

Post by pldot »

Yes, the nearbys will shift around but the question is WHY are they DOING THIS? AND WHAT IS IT ON THE HTP THAT IS CAUSING THIS TO HAPPEN?
Strength/weakness is a result of HTP activity.
When LTP resistance runs into HTP resistance then things will start to happen, among them the shift in ltp nearbys.
WATCH THE INTERACTIONS OF THE TIME PERIODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T MAKE THE ERROR OF LOOKING AT JUST ONE TP.
Trader Question

Then basically I should only take positions when multiple LTP "AND" HTP's resistance & support P&L tools come together - never "one" Time period
by itself This way I will be asured of a positive result from a buy or sell

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Well, the reasoning for resistance or support holding on the ftp should be very clear from what is happening on the htp... if you don't know what is happening, then don't trade. If the HTP is involved in a push or refresh, we may not be near the HTP su or R, but the reason why FTP su or r is giving way is clear... If you look back over the past two weeks this will be clear to you...
Trader Question

Am I more on track with this type of focus?? I think this is what you have been trying to pound into me over the last couple of months.

I think I'm getting it - My analysis seems to be working out OK - but in a convoluted way I think I've been putting the cart before the horse and not coordinating the HTP & LTP in the correct sequence

I've been indexing and arranging the course info so I have a better handle on it and where it is in the course I went back and reveiwed Lesson 3 Screen 17 which says "Note that we do not say that the HTP time period is in control. We want to make certain that you understand something more important: if the HTP resistance is strong then the LTP will be down plain & simple. If the HTP resistance is weak then the LTP will be up. So as the voice over states: The HTP is in control - but only as far as the LTP bears out what we "perceive" to be happening on the HTP
So my analysis of each day should be from the top down and I should not be intermingling the Su/Re of each time period but more sqenceially if "this"
is happening in the HTP then "that" should be happening in the LTP - now go monitor the LTP and see if it does. For example Currently for Monday I should analyze it something like this: "The monthly PLdot is Pushing up in Congestion Action and Friday's Close is on top of the monthly ET of 932 and heading possibly to the Monthly 1-1 hi of 961 - therefore the Weekly s/b moving up which it is in a Trend Run up heading for the Weekly ET at 939 - which in turn is pushing the Daily to its ET of 938. - So we anticipate Monday that the S&P will move up to the 938-939 level where it will run into Resistance from the Weekly ET 939 and Daily ET 938 and refresh back to the Daily PLdot of 928 and possibly the Daily EB of 917 and Weekly PLDot of 916. Am I more on track with this type of focus??

D.M.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

basically the answer is yes, this is more like it....
Aliraza21

Post by Aliraza21 »

+++where is it in relation to market structure, which includes in relation to envelope structure, and to the various htp's