I am in awe...

System Traders shop talk. Registered DG Traders Only.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

I am in awe...

Post by Trader Question »

Each day it gets better or maybe its me learning more of P&L - but today as were the last couple days were amazing and today again - buying into support well ahead of the rally is just and incredible thing. There must be another more eloquent word but - WOW!!

D M
pldot
Site Admin

Re: I am in awe...

Post by pldot »

Chuckles..... Well, few understand what we have here....
Trader Question

a bit of a break thru yesterday for me or probably anyone else who has never experienced meeting a P&L target for the 1st time.

Hitting the daily Hi & lo is cool but I now "mentally & emotionally" accept the theory of P&L.
All I can say is I now accept that it works and what is possible to do.

I like your comment - I'd like to be "bored" trading

D M
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Thanks for this. I'm pleased that you are "Getting It."
And of course you are right, the possibilities are very high and potential limitless.
Trader Question

After my amazement and self congratulations are over

This month so far has been a great learning experience not that this month is over by any means But I'm looking forward to next months numbers
which I'm be approaching in a whole diferent manner By knowing that the prognostication on paper is very "real" and can be relyed upon

I'm still trying to get that feeling that I "own" this knowledge - hopefully when I reflect upon it over the weekend - so far so good

DM
Trader Question

I quess what I'm trying to say is I see that P&L can take a person anyway from the normal day trading process of running in grabbing a couple of bucks and then wait for the next opportunity.

I personally do not delight in "the excitment of the trade" that burns you out emotionally quickly.

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==yes...

==this is right because the trading should become automatic and thus boring...
Trader Question

You, meaning an experienced P&L'er knew when the market turned up from the 700's that one day we would be at 900 + and probably 1000 before to long so - are you able to sit on a position for extended periods of time or even if its for a day - do you hold a position and wait for it to go to the estimated hi or lo.

DM
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==this is a personal issue... During those times when I am good at it I note also a distinct shift in my general psychology to a place of patience, wisdom, detachment, etc. Can be done, certainly.
nahiiii

Post by nahiiii »

I quess what I'm trying to say is I see that P&L can take a person anyway from the normal day trading process of running in grabbing a couple of bucks and then wait for the next opportunity.???