Overlay discrepency

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Dot Trotter

Overlay discrepency

Post by Dot Trotter »

I don't if any one else have experienced this. I am using DG2pro for 12 mt with 60 mt overlays on mini s/p. Today I happened to note that the levels of 60 mt nearby's on overlay was different from levels on 60 mt chart. On 60 mt chart, prices were well under 60 mt -nb-s, but on 112 mt chart, prices were still in 60 mt-nb-s. I have noted this before but than it self corrected itself, so I was not sure, but today I confirmed it. I have checked and rechecked inputs which are correct.

Anyone else noted this, any solution?

It does not seem to be a big problem, because I can look at 60 mt chart and see where prices are in relation to it's nearbys, but which nearby's should I trust, one on actual 60 mt or one on overlay chart.

Thanks to all for any comments.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Overlay discrepency

Post by pldot »

1) check that symbols are both set of same time compression: natural hours vs session hours.
2) refresh chart using control-R
3) make sure you have ample data loased on each chart: not enough data will affect the ability of the software to chart the HTP

4) you can send us a workspace noting your current TS build number and we can take a look at it if you are still having difficulty.

Ted