Indicators, Blues and MOGs

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Indicators, Blues and MOGs

Post by Trader Question »

I hope you are enjoying the holidays. You must be having fun trading the bonds right now - they are making some
good moves lately. I am finally all set up in Geneva, and am starting up with my trading again. I have been watching the Mogs as often as possible, and have been trying to learn more about one of the indicators that
you sent me recently - the DG2p-59zones. I haven't seen any information on the mogs - do you have more
information on this study? Is it linked to the blues at all?

Also, regarding the blues, I have gone through all of the Mogs, but have not heard a precise explanation of
what they measure or what they are based on. Do you have any additional information on that? R.J.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Indicators, Blues and MOGs

Post by pldot »

Got your note waving off the 5/9 indicator query but I found the refernce I was looking for anyway and have included it below.

Yes indeed those bonds have been jumping around and making good money for me these days. Very good trading markets.

I'm glad you're set up in Geneva now; I worked there very briefly in the late 80's when I was consulting with the World Health Organization on the AIDS issue.... Gave me a taste for European bureaucracy that I'll not soon forget. What sorts of things are you engaging with there these days?

Re the 4-59's... They are the the last 4 5/9's projected forward a bar, as I recall....See http://www.pldot.com/institute/Charlie/ ... index.html.

Also on the blues/refresh bands you might check out the mogs for
Jan 29, 30 & 31
Feb 5,6 & 7 , 2007.
- intro movie Feb-09-07
- movie Monday Feb-12-07
- Apr-30-07
- May-01-07: 5min reply to mog posting of yesterday
- Aug 3 aug 8 06

I don't think there is a great clear summation of all, but the material is all there if you dig a bit. I think we'll find
better summation and re-cap materials in the new year

Hope this helps. Let me know how things are coming along...
Trader Question

Re: Indicators, Blues and MOGs

Post by Trader Question »

Thanks for all of the information below - I will look very closely at all of the Mogs that you mentioned.
At this point, I am feeling that I have a pretty solid understanding of basic P&L, but would like to have a better understanding of the direction that Charlie Drummond is pursuing with these new indicators. With the Mogs done on a daily basis, it seems like the best way to more fully understand his thought processes and to get better insight into how to trade successfully.

I'm happy to hear that bond trading is going well - I stick mainly with the Euro at this point, as it seems to be the market that I am most in sync with. I have been quite amazed by how well the Drummond levels work with the Euro. The other day, for example, price went within one tick of nearby resistance and then bounced off. I am sure that you are used to that kind of precision by now, but it is quite incredible to see that as a new P&Ler.

One of the main questions that I have been having is how to find a trigger on the lower time frame in order to bring myself into the trade. Several times I have bought in nearby daily support, only to have price move to further out daily support. I suppose that being in better touch with the flow would have helped considerably. But I also wonder if there is some type of objective trigger that would be helpful in a situation like that so that you aren't trying to catch a falling dagger, as they say.

I have been looking at a couple of methods to trigger buys in nearby support or sells in nearby resistance, so that I get in once a minor trend starts on a lower time frame, such as a 5 minute or 15 minute chart.
That way, I am still buying in nearby daily support, but waiting until price has started to move up on a lower time frame. It seems to increase the odds of profitable trades.

What has been your experience? Do you normally just buy when in monthly/weekly/daily support or do you first look for some type of confirming change in flow or move in price?

But I have to say that trading is really my passion - I traded $3,000 into a million over the course of two years, and then took on way too much risk and blew out my account during the bear market from 2000-2002. I am very determined to become a full time trader again, and the Drummond methodology seems to work very well with my psychology. Over the next few months, I will be working on achieving consistency, as it seems to be the key to longevity.

Thanks again for your help - I greatly appreciate it!
R.J.