Lesson 9

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

DGWizard

Lesson 9

Post by DGWizard »

In video clip 1.11, lesson 9, page 217, on monthly chart of Australian dollar, you posed a question " Can weekly nearby support area and 5/1 up cause a move to monthly pldot refresh through monthly 1-1 low, with a target of the monthly ET or higher, OR stop at monthly EB to continue monthly C wave down?"
My answer: looking at weekly and daily, it seems like daily popped over weekly 5-1 down which I interpret as a
sign of strong support, so, there is a higher likelihood of prices going to target. Am I correct?

BTW, that Ouspensky's material is excellent. I am involved deeply in meditation, and almost all of the material
that Ouspesnky described is a natural experience during meditation. I think Ouspensky had not only read but
also practiced and lived according to Indian scriptures. I have ordered his books 4th way and in search of the
miraculous from Amazon for further reading.
Last edited by DGWizard on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Lesson 9

Post by pldot »

Yes, you're right, there is a higher probability of price moving up through the monthly dot to a higher target.
5-1's up frequently kick price higher....

Ouspensky is good, I agree. Yes, he travelled extensively in Asia minor with Guirdjeff(sp?) in the early days when they were researching this material. I supplement him with Epectetus, also an excellent resource for traders. But we don't talk as much about Epictetus in the course.
DGWizard

Post by DGWizard »

Is there any specific book by Epictetus which I should get. On Amazon, there are many books available, but they all seem to be translated by some one and it's difficult to sort out where to start
and which ones are better.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Sharon Lebell has a modern day translation of the Handbook which is actually very good, and which jumps over some of the cultural eccentricities that accumulate over the many centuries since Epictetus lived.

You probably know that he was a Greek slave, born in Roman times and either born as or made a cripple as a very young child, who eventually rose to become the tutor of Marcus Aurelius and whose thought forms the ur-basis of
virtually all cognitive psychology floating around today. His value for
trader comes from his relentless emphasis on personal responsibility, etc.