Specialty Software

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Specialty Software

Post by Trader Question »

Good afternoon Ted,
Thank you for the codes. It's working. If you have the time, I'm wondering whether you could help me with the following:
1. there are two files mg and mg di; is mg di for intraday?
2 Is there anyway you can send me a paragraph or two defining mother goose and maybe some potential ways to looking at entering and exiting points? I'm completely lost on this. At least with the blues one can understand everything since charlie wrote all the calculations etc on the mogs. I"m not saying that I would be looking at mg and mg only for entries and exits when I asked you the question here regarding mother goose. But if other things being good and if I were using mothergoose just like I was using the blues, what would I be looking at?
Thanks so much
gk

pldot
Site Admin

Re: Specialty Software

Post by pldot »

re 1) yes, that stands for "day on intraday" and should be used for full accuracy for day on intraday and intraday on intraday charts, according to the guidelines and cos on the page: http://www.drummondgeometry.com/dg2_int ... ftware.php

I'm working on better documentation and some usage movies... just a lot to get though and so I am a bit behind. There will be a note posted on the site when this is done, on http://www.drummondgeometry.com/news.php and I hope shortly to have an rss feed on that page so you don't have to keep on checking but will be automatically informed when updates and new things are posted.

re 2) yes you bet, we need that here too, and I will do it, but it might take me a bit to get it tacked down. But your request is on target. I'll get back to you on that as soon as i can, and hopefully with a movie....
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

I went through the release notes on mg and studied the definitions and listened to a few mogs starting early May all the way till early June till the point Charlie says's is in the hands of the programmer now. Is there any plan to release the monthly and weekly mg's with the same level of security(charlie solicited opinions back in June) or is the MG DI applicable on the weekly and montly charts since it takes into account two higher time frames?

I tried to apply mg on a couple of charts using the link you gave me to use the daily on intraday charting method for accuracy of data. Somehow I'm not getting it right and also the screen's have started to freeze or something else happens like if I click format symbol nothing happens or if I click format techniques nothing happens. Any clues?

On my intraday plan I've been backtesting manually with the blues. I've been impulsive when it came to entry in the past. I would enter early and then wouldnt have the stomach to stand a normal draw down. So I was working around it by using a couple of things. One was to wait till the price get insides the envelope after it goes to the blues 1 or 6 on the ftp and stops for example due to a HTP line or dot or a confluence area of multiple lines and/or dots. The only thing that would help me discipline myself was to use a reversal bar entry in the LTP; which means only after the reversal bar is done and an entry confirmed I was going to enter. This takes some practise to train your eyes to detect the right reversal bars, etc.

But when I went through the mogs I felt MG could help it make it easier and also make me wait till it appears(I think I understand it better now after rewriting your notes and going through 9 printouts from screen captures of charlies presentations and then going through each price bar, again and again a few times). I'm thinking of writing a page myself and maybe you and Charlie can review it(what do you think?

So as you see I want this mg to work to refine my entry and overcome my bottleneck which is impulse entries.

I might need help with setting up these charts on the phone but Im already feeling frustrated about the basic issues above. We could try to address it this week whenever you are free from markets, late in the days kind of thing. Please let me know.

gk
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===note that you can establish MG for any timeframe by entering dy, wk, mo, qt, yr in the LTP_timeframe input. This wold reflect the time compression on your TS chart, and will then pull in the next HTP envelope, or the zones 1 and 6 for either of the next two higher timeframes. These HTP displays can be turned off or on by entering 0 or 1 in the input tab for those inputs. This can be handles in a similar manner using the code for intraday time periods ib, i1, i2, i3, as described in the docs.

===I can't tell from this, feel free to send me a workspace and a description of what you are trying to do.

===Yes I can understand. One thing to keep in mind is that in some circumstances you can take action before the LTP bar is complete. Defining those circumstances would be part of your research. The BarPercentComplete tool can assist, since it will alert you to this condition or that. If you have a lot of conditions then the dg2_alerts might help, or the set-ups software, when we get it done.

===I think that is an excellent idea and I will be glad to review. I do think that you are correct that the MG can help you with the problem that you have identified so clearly.

===best thing would be to send a workspace and let me take a crack at it since sometimes it takes a bit to set it up correctly. But define what you are trying to do as exactly as you can, and narrow down the difficulty that you have as much as possible.