Basic Questions

Go here for lessons or education-related questions

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Zen Trader

Basic Questions

Post by Zen Trader »

Hi Ted,
One of the problems I’m having, logically speaking, is trying to imagine how the bars form relative to Push and, especially, Refresh maneuvers. For example, a 5/9 Up, say, is printed before the bar associated with that line even starts to be traded. If the market, as that bar then forms, subsequently makes it down to that support level, the level is said to be “engaged” and I should expect to see a PLdot Refresh back up. Does that mean that I should see price return back to the dot during the remainder of that bar (during the time left after the bar reached its low at the 5/9 level)? What if the bar were to close only a little off the low, quite a ways away from its dot—no Refresh then? If, on the next bar, it makes it back up to the prior bar’s dot, has a Refresh from the 5/9, then, occurred? If, instead, it made it back to its own dot but is still shy of the making it back to the 5/9 bar’s dot, what’s happened then? Can a Refresh take several bars to be accomplished? Is the original 5/9 bar’s dot the only one that counts for a Refresh? If price don’t make it back to the dot on the original bar, won’t the energy associated with subsequent dots affect, either positively or negatively, the outcome of the attempt to Refresh? I don’t know if this is correct; but I’m still only certain that a Refresh has occurred when I see the original bar (the one associated with the DG line) close back at-or-near its PLdot.

MM
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Basic Questions

Post by pldot »

Price moves from support to resistance and back again, sometimes breaking through one or another into a new area, whence it take up oscillation between resistance and support again. If the dots push down (new energy in the market driving price), it will heads towards support. Depending on the strength of the move down and the strength of the support (both of which can vary from very little to a whole lot) the move will be fast or slow, and the retracement/refresh movement will be fast in one bar or slower covering multiple bars. Yes, all dots and all support areas will "have their day in court" as we say. Just look for the basic movement away from the dot and back towards the dot/live dot, or C-waves (lessons 6-7). Don't get hung up on the tangle of one bar only, or two bars etc.