Re: Tradestation

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

dganti
Anti-Spam: Obama

Post by dganti »

Hi,
I started with DG lite. I wanted to use Tradestation but when I called the good folks at TS, the cost is quite high even for the simulated account? How are beginners increasing the understanding of DG currently?
I feel that TS is somehow an essential platform? Any recommendations will help.
Thanks,
Dinkar
ted

Post by ted »

Dinkar..

TradeStation is a useful platform indeed, and is the only platform on which our DG software will run.
When you factor in the whole picture the platform-only fees are not that unreasonable, maybe only one trade a month. But for beginners this can be an impediment for sure.

Note that the Lessons and the whole course is entirely free standing and you do not need TradeStation for any part of the course. It is only when you start trading that TradeStation is convenient for charting DG software.

Alternatives include: writing you own indicators in Excel spreadsheets, hand charting, or programming your own indicators into anotehr playform for your private use. Past DG students have on occasion used all of these routes.

All that notwithstanding I do believe that the DG indicators for TradeStation offer a cost-effective way to present DG trading concepts.
Ted
dganti
Anti-Spam: Obama

Post by dganti »

Ted,
Thank you for your response. I wanted to convince myself that using TS would be the best approach to learning and applying the principles of DG. I still have some time before I get to trade plans to decide when and to get TS installed.

Dinkar