Anything more reliable than "nearbys"?

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Anything more reliable than "nearbys"?

Post by Trader Question »

Wanted to ask you if you have found any of the latest techniques any more reliable than the nearbys that we have been using?
ie,,, 1-6's,, or MG's? ,,, or anything else?
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Anything more reliable than "nearbys"?

Post by pldot »

I think the 1-6's have some benefit graphically and I use them as a supplemental screen because it helps me keep some things in mind. I don't find them more reliable though as they are for the most part exisiting information however the ability to visually emphasize particular aspects is helpful. I also find that they need to be/should be supplemented with the other regular DG lines, which I turn off and on as needed. I continue to use the existing nearbys with hand-drawn HTP overlays when useful. My particular personal challenge is to keep things fresh thus my awareness high, and so I switch back and forth between variant views of the same thing to help accomplish that. Denny and I have also developed some alert tools that help with that... altering when there is a close inside the envelope after two closes outside the envelope, or a close on the opposite side of the envelope, or upon exiting the envelope, and things like that. I don't have any opinion on the MG stuff as yet, have not tried it and I am not sure where it will go, and so am agnostic about that with an open mind about all things MG.

We've been experimenting with systematized computer trading with mixed results. The tools are very sophisticated in DG terms and should help a lot but we're still looking for the optimal use.

I might add to this... was trading today and realized what I am gaining especially from the refresh bands... like them but have not always put into words why... they make me see daily dot refresh to live dot area and not be necessarily waiting for the full refresh to the static pldot... and that in itself is a very worthwhile piece of emphasis. In theory the conventional indicators can do this since all ofthe information is there, but the refresh bands make it graphic and keep it in front of my eyes, and thus help me.