Open and Close Display on a Vertical Bar

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

hyfly
Anti-Spam: Obama

Open and Close Display on a Vertical Bar

Post by hyfly »

What needs to be done to modify the display of a vertical bar to use the Open and Close values instead of the values Bar_H and Bar_L.
Open and Close Values.jpg
ted

Re: Open and Close Display on a Vertical Bar

Post by ted »

Go to "format analysis techniques" for the indicator, and under the style tab you will find that there are separate plots for bar open, high, low, and close. Each may be separately configured on the style tab as to the type of plot, weight, color, etc.

Set the indicator input to show the bar and set the native TS symbol to make the price bar invisible.

Plotting the bar from open to close only can be done but I am at a loss to know why you would do this; are you sure that is your goal? If so you would miss all price action that existed outside the range of the open and close. Perhaps I am not understanding.
Ted
hyfly

Post by hyfly »

Sorry, my previous question wasn't worded correctly. If you look at the image I previously attached you can see that the selected bar's low reads as 97.00 but the Bar_L indicator reads as 88.14. I see this error every time I apply the DG Pro analysis technique to a product, either the bar's high or low is drawn on the chart incorrectly. I was wondering how do you get the Bar_L or Bar_H to pull the correct high and low?
ted

Post by ted »

Send me the workspace as I need to see the other settings to see what you're up to in this...
Ted
hyfly

Post by hyfly »

Here is the workspace. Thanks for taking a look.
Attachments
Generic Chart.tsw
(396.5 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
ted

Post by ted »

Your settings for the time-frame inputs on the indicator for the monthly chart were set to wk not month: see the attached pic for correct settings for the monthly chart; these will give you correct O,H,L,C and Bar_h, Bar_L readings.

I have only looked at the monthly chart since that was where your illustration was directed but if you experience similar errors on other time-frame charts the solution will likely be similar...
Attachments
monthly chart settings.png
Ted