Online Access! For Free?

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Online Access! For Free?

Post by Trader Question »

I notice that existing full course members can get access to some of the new online stuff for grattis, my sort of price! I wonder if you could sort me out with a username and password? I also wonder if Charlie is still as active over at Pldot.com? Last time I subscribed he was beeing very busy. Is there a reasonable archive of material there? I am thinking particularly of some of the newer things he was researching. Last I was there the blues and the extra bands where beeing tested and discussed. I'd quite like to catch up with what has beeing going for what must be a year now.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Online Access! For Free?

Post by pldot »

To get a registration for the lessons on the new site, go to the online store at www.drummondgeometry.com and "purchase" the free access for existing members. We will respond with log in info.

Charlie has been active in the mogs, and has a couple a new software ideas going, most notably the "Mother Goose" We have added to that with a number of other software enhancements that will permit real-time monitoring and alerts in a variety of situations. A lot of description has been posted on that site already, and we are adding to it at a rapid pace these days,
Trader Question

I think the mother goose must have been presented at around the time of the 11 paper? It is referenced there though not particularly well described I think it must have been introduced a bit before then. The way I read it was that it is essentially a V or ^ pattern made by 3 11H or 3 11L its been a long time since I looked mind you so I may be a bit of the mark. Always enjoyed Charlies enthusiasm for research.

I noticed your new software very impressive it looks too. I don't know if you recall but I wrote a P&L 'engine' for Neoticker and since them have ported it to Ensign & Ninjatrader. I like trying different charting platforms though whether that serves much practical purpose is dubious. Funnily enough I find myself now using Easy Language, (on Multicharts not tradestation) for research and prototyping ideas its hard to beat. I would have liked to tackle your second generation indicators for you but it looks like Dennis has done a sterling job.

As to my own trading well, to be honest it's still not where I want it to be. The reasons are much the same as they ever where (emotional of course) and while I know what I must do I still find it difficult. I frequently step away for things and either take a vacation or do research and tinker (its not grallitis, I enjoy it and it keeps me near the markets, I accept that it does not advance my actual trading).
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Re the Mother Goose... yes, that was the story back in the 80s MG, but this is an entirely new item, Gawd knows why it is still called MG but there you have it. This is a method of emphasizing envelope strength or weakness and supports long/short decisions, and can be overlaid, etc.

Someday we'd like to port the new DG stuff to a variety of charting packages, as we now have alt the calcs in a dll and it would be somewhat easier than starting from scratch each time. But, still, it's a major commitment in time and money to go down that road and we're not quite there yet, so it will have to wait. We're quite excited about the new stuff as it gives us a great deal of power over market watching, monitoring, and decision-making.

I'm sorting out topics for the coming year and so if you have special issues/questions let me know and they can be addressed. I am especially interested in the psychological aspects, and in breaking them down to see where mechanical elements in software can assist. I know there are many of these... some of course will remain intensely personal and beyond help from the outside, and in these situations we just have to put our head down ad bull through the obstruction. But proper software support can make a huge difference.
So.. any wishes, input, needs etc welcome.
Trader Question

I have given the psychological aspects a great deal of though as you might imagine. I'll try and succinctly jot a few things down.

I will renew my institute membership before too long preferably when there is 168 hours in a day! I imagine there will be some catching up to do. I am returning from vacation today and want to focus on actual trading for a couple of weeks. Distractions might be unwise right now.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

What I am particularly interested in is a list of items that fit this metric: "I would have an easier time of making my trading decisions if only the computer would . . . . ."

e.g.... "watch the price flow and alert me when XYZ entrance signal is hit..."

so many psych issues relate to screen fatigue, boredom, inability to monitor consistently, etc., all those human tings that a computer can likely be taught to do.