Mother Goose....a new release?

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Mother Goose....a new release?

Post by Trader Question »

A couple of things,,,
1) Are you working on the mother goose,, in order to release sometime?

2) Is it possible to get a sample code or info for the code to draw a HTP line onto a STP chart,? ie,,,, a line 1.00 above and below our envelope onto a shorter time period chart?
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Mother Goose....a new release?

Post by pldot »

Yes, mother goose ready in a matter of days not weeks.

Not sure I understand your second question.... you're looking for an expanded envelope?
Trader Question

Yes, an expanded envelope is probably a good way to put it,,,,but, the trick is, as far as I understand, to get it from a HTP to a LTP.,, right?,,, In other words,,, a 4000 t envelope +/- 1.50, or 1.00, or whatever,,,, onto a , 800 t chart.
Is there a simple code or something that can get me started with this?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

The plotting of HTPs onto lower TPs is actually a tricky and perilous venture with a lot of pitfalls; I don't do this myself but rely on Denny Martell as it causes me considerable apoplexy when I try it...

I'll copy him on this note and you can talk with him directly and see if he's interested in a little consulting work.

Also, we're on the edge of releasing some new software that can do a very flexible job of plotting, and so that might help...
Trader Question

Is this new software tied into the mother goose also?

If so, I may wait and see if this does what I want it to do,,,, otherwise , yes , I would be interested in talking with Denny
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

The plotting of HTPs onto lower TPs is actually a tricky and perilous venture with a lot of pitfalls; I don't do this myself but rely on Denny Martell as it causes me considerable apoplexy when I try it...

I'll copy him on this note and you can talk with him directly and see if he's interested in a little consulting work.

Also, we're on the edge of releasing some new software that can do a very flexible job of plotting, and so that might help...
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Trader Question

Would it be possible for me to upgrade to the "Specialty Suite", since I already have the blues, etc..?.,, and that would take care of the Mother Goose issue for me.?

And, the user defined expanded envelopes,,, wud the Developers Program definitely do this for me?? I mean, could I change the size of the env's ,, and the size of the expanded env's as well in this program??
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

re Mother Goose Upgrade: You would get the full Specialty Suite for the upgrade price if you have already purchased the "Refresh Band" package in 2007. Re: the dev package, double checked this and the story is this: In the dev package you'll get a function that has access to the envelopes. What you would do is put the name of the envelope you are interested in, into a string array and then call the function, and upon return you would have the value of the envelop on that bar. If you want to expand that you can add any number you wished to the value and then you can plot it or do whatever you want with it, insert in a strategy, etc. The dev package gives you the function to get values from the database and doesn't do specific programming beyond that. After you have your new envelop number from the database you would need to program EL to do the plotting of it.