Installing and Moving DG Lessons

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Installing and Moving DG Lessons

Post by Trader Question »

When I just tried to install the code, the message "Error occurred saving signup code - Your code appears to be too old"
Last edited by Trader Question on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: DG Lessons on CD

Post by pldot »

The code changes each time you load in a disk, and so perhaps that was the issue...
Trader Question

Re: Installing DG Lessons on CD

I am now able to run lessons 1-5 and 21-25 the other lessons ask for a code.

Any suggestion to solve this?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

I'm not sure what is going on, perhaps you have them installed on different drives or in different folders.
What I suggest is that you un-install all lessons using the add/remove function on your control panel, then reboot, then do a fresh install, in sequence, of all lessons. when all disks loaded in, then reboot, then open up 1-5, and get fresh code.

Conversely, another route entirely would be to use the new internet-based versions of the lessons at www.drummondgeometry.com, and if you chose that route I can get you set up there.
Trader Question

I just got a new computer and would like to move lessons over to it. What do I need to do?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

This is easy: just load in all disks, one after the other, and then reboot, and open up lessons 1-5 from the start menu. You'll come to a security screen, and I need the site number off of that screen to generate a code.
After you get that, insert it, and you're good to go.
Trader Question

Re: Installing and Moving DG Lessons

Hope you can help me out. I wanted to review some of the 30 lessons on the 6 CDs on Drummond Geometry. I thought I had them downloaded into my computer but they would not play. I also used the original CDs but no luck. I need my Site Signup Code.

Can you email me my Signup Code?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Sure, no problem... Here is a code based on that site number....
Trader Question

Thanks a lot. It works. Now I can enable each downloaded disc to function again. And of course I have the 6 CDs.
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Note that if you have installed all six CD's, rebooted and gotten your site code, then this will be fine and you are "good-to-go." If you have installed only one, then as you install the others each one will invalidate the code before, so install all six before looking for another code if that is the case.