Indicator Bars

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader ???

Indicator Bars

Post by Trader ??? »

Just a quick question: It does not look like the indicator can display anything on less than Daily Bars. Or am I doing something wrong. I am trying to show the indicators on the 240min Bars. J.L.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Indicator Bars

Post by pldot »

Yes, you're right, the "Lite" version is a limited capabilities program, can be used to explore the DG lines and levels but is not capable of multiple time periods or overlays. As you progress with the methodology, if you like it and want to do serious trading with it, then you will most likely migrate to the Pro or Plot versions, etc. "Advanced" software is an interim program one step up the ladder that will do what you are thinking about, but it also is likely to be out-grown pretty soon if you are an experienced and serious trader.
Trader ???

Re: Indicators

Post by Trader ??? »

I have noticed since taking the course, that the market seems to turn quite frequently on a dime at an area within 10 pips max (no more) of where a bunch of Intraday DG lines converge. I curently draw the appropriate lines by hand using my current charting software.

I trade the 4H and 1H charts in the Daily direction and use the 30min and 15min for entry. Since taking the course, I have noticed that the area is quite well defined where the DG lines converge for at least 2 of the following timeframes: 4H, 1H, 30min and 15min. The accurate positioning of these Intradday lines will even allow me to enter my trades on the 5min chart, which will significantly reduce my risks and increase profits at the same time.

This means I need something right away, instead of drawing these lines by hand.

My question is: Would the Advanced Package have the capability to see the 4H lines, together with the 1H, 30min and 15 lines together one a 15min chart. This will make things so much easier for me. J.L.

Otherwise, I will have to wait to complete the whole course, in order to start using the Pro package.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Indicator Bars

Post by pldot »

Yes, the "Advanced" software should work for you, and was designed with that in mind, to give support to a trader working his way through the course. Note that almost your full investment in Advanced would be reflected in the discount applied to Pro should you choose to move up to that in the future.

As to your specific question, yes I think so. It would require a few iterations to be installed on the chart and some fiddling, but I don't see any reason why this cannot be accomplished. The "sub bars" setting will determine the HTP 1 overlay for the HTP1 envelope, and that can be set to any multiple of the base symbol timeframe, and so, 4 H would be 16 sub bars, so one could display a 4 H envelope on a 15 minute chart. Advanced does not have the ability to display *all* htp lines on a ltp chart, just the envelope and dot, but my judgment is that you can accomplish this by running a couple of charts and either view them simultaneously or make a few notations by hand on the LTP chart. So at the very least the Advanced software would take you a great distance down the road you want to travel.

If your situation permits and you are confident about the quality of the course, and wish to proceed to purchase the balance of the Lessons and more powerful and flexible Pro or Plot and/or Alerts software now, as opposed to later when you complete the course step by step, let me know, and I will set an appropriate pro-rata discount for you in reflection of the bulk vs. piece-by-piece purchase. (In suggesting this I don't want to have you think I am in anyway encouraging you one way or another, but just want you to be aware of a potential saving that we don't mention on the website.)