Setting Up Walk Forward

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Setting Up Walk Forward

Post by Trader Question »

Thanks for the help on setting up my DG2 pro. I am setting up my walk-forward and I don't have a file named C:\Program Files\Drummondgeometry.
I do have the C:\Program Files\Drummond Geometry which contains my lessons and a file called C:\Program Files\Ted Hearne Associates, Inc which contains lessons 26-30. I also did a search on my drive and couldn't find the file. My DG2 software appears to work on TradeStation. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Trader Question on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Setting Up Walk Forward

Post by pldot »

This would be a folder or directory not a file. Thus the idea is to create the folder C:\ProgramFiles\Drummondgeometry using the file/new menu selection under your "My Computer" tool. Once you have created that folder then you can place the macro file program in that folder. go to My Computer, select your c: drive, go to "New " under the "file" menu, create the folder drummondgeometry under the c:/program files/ directory, then you can navigate to the new folder and place the file there.
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

Thanks, Ted. But when I set BK=5 for the weekly and monthly charts, I get an error message, So my Walk Forward doesn't work for them. Any suggestions? Also, can you set up Walk Forward for the Intraday?

I set up the weekly and monthly with Data1 as "wk" or "mo" depending on the chart. Data2 is set for daily. The Weekly chart is set up with "wk" as the time period and "mo" as HTP1 and "qt" as HTP2. The monthly is set up as time period "mo" with HTP1 "qt and HTP2 as "yr."
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

What error message do you get?

Off hand without knowing that, it sounds as if you may not have provided for enough bars to the right... Under Format Window" make sure that on the general tab you have set "bars to the right" to a large enough number to accommodate any hidden bars you may have on the chart. Try setting it to 50 and trying the WF starting a few weeks back in time.

WF works the same way on intraday charts as it does on the longer timeframes..