Questions About The Course.....

Public discussion of the methodology

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Re: Questions About The Course.....

Post by Trader Question »

How much time approximately, would it take me to go over the whole course and implementing it in practice, if studied diligently, full time?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

===hard to say, since everyone is different and comes to us with different levels of experience. There are tradable ideas in each lesson. But I suppose three months might be a reasonable guideline.
Trader Question

It is mentioned that there is a discount for multiple enrollments in the course? What would that be?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==5 percent each if two traders enroll at once, 7 percent each if three, 10 percent each if four.

Ten percent off if enrolled as full time student.
Trader Question

Am I going to get the discount, since I've previously purchased the book?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

==sure, we normally credit 50 % of the past purchase of the "How to..." book... or $75 off.

Post by Guest »

Regarding TS¡­: You said that "Note that you do not have to have TS for a brokerage house in order to use their software"
Could you please advice me where I can get the TS software from, if not willing to enroll in TS brokerage? From the web http://www.tradestation2000i.com/ I've learned that it ¡s no longer available in the US. Frankly, It would be the best if you sell DG software with Tradestation included­.

Regarding the course fee You mentioned that "Ten percent off if enrolled as full time student"

Regarding the book I purchased previously, you mentioned that "we normally credit 50 % of the past purchase of the "How to..." book... or $75 off, but I thought that the total cost of this book may be applied towards the cost of the first set of Lessons, as it is normally included in that part of the course, according to the old website. Please understand that for me now every penny counts since I'm not rich yet
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Re TradeStation: the current TradeStation is 8.3 and they don't support their legacy software TS 2000i. Our software is an add-on to TS 8.3 and the version created many years ago for TS 2000i is no longer available from us; we do not believe that our current line of DG2 software will work with TS 2000i since TS2000i can only handle four plots and we use up to fifty. But we have not tested it; in any case we cannot guarantee it and cannot support it. TradeStation.com will rent/lease you their software if you ask them, I believe...many of my customers do that.

Regarding the student discount, yes, that would be correct as to the numbers. You would need to provide acceptable documentary proof of full time enrollment at a undergraduate or graduate educational institution, but otherwise, no problem.

Re the book discount... that is the same policy that we have had for ten years. If the discount is not suitable maybe instead we could substitute another book that is not otherwise included?
Trader Question

Thanks again for the explanation. I've just checked with Tradestation.com and it seem that monthly platform fee is $99.95/month for brokerage customers and $249.95 for subscription customers. In my opinion it's a lot of money, especially that other brokers do not charge anything for their trading platforms e.g. Thinkorswim or Interactive Brokers. It would be great if your software would work independently, or at least if you sell it with Tradestation 8.3 included. Any thoughts?

Also, I'm wondering what exactly are those Mogs? Is Charlie talking about particular trading set-ups, market analysis etc? Are they archived so one could review past content?

Re book… Which book would you suggest next to "How to…." considering the importance and content? BTW are books essentially redundant to the DG course content?
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

At some point in the future we will offer our software in versions ported to different charting platforms, but that is not likely to happen for at least a year and possibly much longer, as there is much to be done in the meantime.

The mogs cover a lot of ground, including trading setups, new research into new DG applications and indicators, current market analysis, and commentary on psychological and trade management issues. There is a full archive available.

Re the books I would say that the Psycho Papers would be the next most appropriate and valuable addition.. The books are not redundant but the technical material is presented in a more organized manner in the course. Some trade plans and other material remains in the books alone however, and they have theri own style and personal content that is not duplicated anywhere else.