Plot Indicator color layers

For All TradeStation users, and general software questions.

Moderators: ted, mmaxwell

Trader Question

Plot Indicator color layers

Post by Trader Question »

I'm having a problem with the layer colors, using the Plot indicator. It seems to allow you to set the color of a layer one time only. If you go back and try to change the layer to a different color, it retains the original color that you set.

BK
pldot
Site Admin

Re: Plot Indicator color layers

Post by pldot »

I think it is this: After making a color change, try hitting Control-R to refresh the chart. This causes the program to go back and grab the color change. It this doesn't work then give me a bit more detail about the sequence of actions, as I am not understanding what it might be other than this.
Trader Question

Post by Trader Question »

I was able to get the color to change by doing Ctrl-R, however I'm having some other issues. Take a look at the chart in the attached workspace. As you can see, I'm trying to plot the LPLD, LET and LEB. When I put them all on separate layers, it works fine. However, if I try to put LET and LEB on the same layer, only LET shows up. I've also experienced similar issues when I try to put the same indicator on more than one layer. For example, I tried to recreate the old PL Dot style, with the small white dot on top of the large red dot, but I can't get it to work. It seems that the indicator will only render on one layer.

BK
pldot
Site Admin

Post by pldot »

Yes, your right, each input has its own layer, and two inputs cannot share a layer.

However this does not inhibit you and you can easily accomplish what you are trying to do in this way:

--To make the PLdot (or any other indicator) plot in multiple colors, use two inputs. The first would be the smaller dot, the second in contrasting color the larger dot that would be plotted on a "deeper" layer . See the PLdot on the attached pic.

--To have multiple elements (such as the envelope, or a vertical bar that requires both a bar high and bar-low input ) appear as one layer use separate inputs and specify layer designations for each but make the layers sequential, and they will "read" as a single layer. See the Envelope and 1-1 High zone in the attached pic.
Attachments
BK.jpg
BK.jpg (84.7 KiB) Viewed 2593 times